Master in Jewelry Design
.Master Courses - Rome
6th edition - The Master in Jewelry Design teaches students how to build their own professional identity: the modules dealing with methodology, communication and branding, as well as all the other courses, help to develop a personal vision of jewelry.
The course is aimed at strengthening students’ autonomy in the relevant fields, moulding them into professionals capable of leading a design project, thanks to the acquired know-how and technical tools, managing all its complexities and using a both creative and professional approach. They also become able to design collections of high jewelry, fine jewelry or precious watches.
Based on Italian Design features such as curiosity, initiative and will of improvement, the study plan takes an in-depth look into the various aspects of creativity within the world of jewelry.
Partner companies of the Master course are Bulgari, Casato Gioielli, Galleria Antonella Villanova.Duration
: 1 year Attendance
Get an insight: find out more about Master's activities. Target
- The Master is aimed at graduates in Jewelry Design or Designers working in the field who need to develop their know-how using contemporary approaches in research and design. A good knowledge of both 3D design software and the main techniques used for graphic representation are requested.Methodology and structure
– Approach is experiential: the Master in Jewelry Design provides the fundamental skills to attend specific workshops and labs and manage effective projects, both case studies and real companies’ briefs.
The Master Course is conceived to offer a particularly wide training in the jewelry field. The path begins with a methodological course for the development of creativity in Jewelry Design. The specific drawing techniques are deepened and the jewelry techniques are tested in a real goldsmith’s workshop.
The theoretical part of the course, which is necessary to ensure that all students have the same basic knowledge, is then followed by thematic design courses, where theory and practice are constantly combined.
The High Jewelry course and the Gemology courses guarantee the in-depth study of the most important themes of the Fine Jewelry. The Master Course broadens the individual training with the Watch Design Workshop, Jewelry and Series Production and 3D Advanced course, investigating the subject of product reproducibility, both in jewelry and in the related fields of the luxury industry.
The educational training is completed by the Communication and Branding,Visual Communication and Packaging courses: these courses allow participants to deal with the whole design process, from the identity of the brand up to the presentation on the market and sales.
The seniority and experience of the lecturers, who are all professionals, ensure an educational path through which students can delve deep into the different disciplines and working methods used in jewelry making.
The Master Course ends with an individual Final Project. The project is an opportunity to express all the creativity and techniques acquired, a concrete tool for a professional presentation and also an effective starting point for individual entrepreneurial initiatives.Subjects
- History of Jewelry Design
- Design Methodology
- Advanced 3D Jewelry Course
- Workshop High Jewelry Design with Gems
- Workshop in Watch Design
- Industrial Design Jewelry and Series Production
- Communication and Branding
- Packaging and Windows
- Visual and Project Communication
- Visits and Exhibitions
- Final Project